As an experienced full-time copywriter, at multiple fast-paced ad agencies, I have had the pleasure of brainstorming creative for all forms of media from SEO pieces for iconic Myrtle Beach hotels to social media campaigns for regional McDonald's.
November 2016 - Present
* Led the content development for the redesign of Pall.com (over 1,000 pages), which consisted of assigning content to writers, proofing and creating call-to-action objectives for each page.
* Organized and prioritized website redesign projects by distributing daily tasks to UX designers and copywriters. Trained Business Unit leaders on Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
* Tracked and managed project milestones: uploaded submitted content, tested URLs and launched website.
* Planned kick-off meetings for project support with Business Unit leaders (UK, Japan, Germany, India and US).
* Managed a team of 50+ freelance writing vendors for website redesign
* Optimized website for search engine visibility, which led to increased organic traffic of 15%.
October 2014 - November 2016
* Analyzed online user experience for AtlasRoofing.com, PlasticsColor.com and KingspanPanels.us by evaluating copy, images and implementing calls-to-action to generate leads. * Developed quarterly content marketing plans, which led to increased organic traffic and reduced ad buys. * Planned kick-off meetings to review the scope of work, KPIs and lead generation opportunities. * Crafted SEO copy, press releases, email copy, product guides, print ads and case studies. * Pitched industry publications, which secured an average of ten (non-paid) placements per month per client. Clients: Atlas Roofing, Kingspan Insulated Panels, Sherriff-Goslin, Plastics Color Corporation, Coughlin Commercial, American Financial Advisers (AFA), Post-Frame Advantage, Gypsum Management & Supply (GMS)
December 2009 - October 2014
* Achieved first page (non-paid) Google ranking results for Heaven Sent Night Nursing through local SEO * Built WordPress websites for small business owners: Kriya Botanicals, Top Nails, Heaven Sent Night Nursing * Taught small business owners how to manage their CMS website, create blogs and generate social media buzz. Clients: Top Nails Salon & Spa, Long Shot Fishing, Sea Side Wedding Chapel, Atlantic Electric Systems, Deliciousness Gluten Free For All, Heaven Sent Night Nursing, MBGolf.com, Erecta Step, Sunbelt Homes MB, Sloane Vacations, Carolina Creations Landscapes, and more.
October 2007 - December 2009
* Met with clients and developed marketing plans with three, six and twelve-month benchmarks for lead gen. * Created a social media campaign for regional McDonald’s, which included a microsite, social media contests and coupon giveaways. The campaign led to increased sales of more than 30% on the days of the promotions. * Wrote SEO driven web copy that achieved first page Google rankings for CaptainsQuarters.com, LandmarkResort.com, TheCaravelle.com and a variety of other Myrtle Beach hotels. Clients: McDonald’s, TPC Real Estate, Horry-Georgetown Technical College, North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, and over 20 iconic Myrtle Beach hotels. Awards: Multiple Local Addys
December 2006 - October 2007
Went from internship to full-time junior copywriter. Duties also included launching Palmetto Biz Buzz via a crafty newspaper campaign and crafting Google AdWords for multiple brands. Clients: South Carolina Aquarium, Piggly Wiggly, Circle K, Wild Dunes, Patriots Point, and more. Awards: Addy (Gold Regional)
College of Charleston – 2001 – 2005 Bachelor of Arts: Communication; Corporate Concentration